Monday 2 June 2014

Review - My favourite Rimmel Kate Lipsticks/ 01, 26 & 107!

Review





"With a breakthrough formula featuring the black diamond pigment complex, the lipstick reflects like never before creating gorgeous tones that make you look, and then look again. Kate’s collection captures the flair, edge and timelessness of her unique look." Boots website

"The gorgeous colour richness and COMFORT of Kate’s lipstick, now in a Velvety MATTE finish. Ruby Powder enriched formula to intensify the colour while keeping a matte finish all day long! Matte is re-invented for the most velvety comfortable colour EVER!" Boots website

Rimmel - Kate Lasting Finish lipstick
Available in sixteen (16) shades: 01, 03, 04, 05, 08, 12, 16, 19, 20, 22, 26, 28, 30, 31, 32, 33

Rimmel - Kate Matte lipstick
Available in five (5) shades: 101, 107, 110, 111, 113

 I have tried some of the Rimmel lipsticks by Kate Moss and I wanted to share with you my thoughts on three of my favourite shades:

Variety

There are two types of finish available, the matte and the lasting finish one, and there are twenty-one (21) shades available in total. The lasting finish one has all the shades you can possibly ask for, contrary to other drugstore lipsticks like the Collection Deluxe lipsticks which have only five shades (review - here). As for the matte formula, there could be some brown shades added as most of the shades are different shades of red.

Price

 Both types of Rimmel Kate lipsticks retail for £5.49, which is a good price for a drugstore lipstick but there are also some cheaper alternatives, like the Seventeen Stay Pout Lipstick which retails for £4.49 (review - here).



Packaging

There is nothing too special about the packaging of these lipsticks but I like that they are sleek and don't feel cheap. Of course the Kate Moss signature adds a huge plus to the packaging and I love that depending on the shades the signature colour is different. Also I really like the Rimmel logo on the top of the packaging lid.

From left to right: shade 107, 26 and 01
Ease of use

I love both formulas as both of them glide on perfectly and are really easy to apply. The Lasting Finish one is more creamy so is easier to apply and you don't have to worry too much about being precise as you can wipe it off, while with the matte ones you have to be more careful as they leave a light stain (especially the darker shades) if you wipe it off. However both formulas provide even application and as they are so pigmented one coat is more than enough!

One coat of Rimmel - Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in shade 01
One coat of Rimmel - Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in shade 26

One coat of Rimmel - Kate Matte Lipstick in shade 107

 The result 

  As I said the pigmentation of these lipsticks is amazing and you can really see that from the pictures. The finish of the shades 01 and 26 is a glossy one but without any shimmers or glitters. Due to the fact that they are a creamy formula they are really moisturizing yet they do not transfer around the lips so they are perfect with or without lip liner. The finish of the shade 107 is a matte one which is definitely not moisturizing so I would recommend using a lip balm underneath. What I love about this shade is that is really pigmented and it applies evenly, contrary to other matte lipsticks I've tried. A huge plus for me is the smell of the lipsticks, (I am terrible at describing smells but) I would say it has a sweet kind of vanilla smell.

Longevity 

 The lasting perfection ones last for up to three hours (the darker shades last a bit longer than the lighter ones) which is perfect for a glossy/creamy formulas and I would say they fade out evenly. The matte one on the other hand lasts up to five hours (again the darker shades last longer than the lighter ones) but what I don't really like is the fact that it doesn't fade out evenly and you are left with small stains or a line around your lips. Therefore if you are wearing it for more than five hours I would recommend checking it and reapplying it when needed.

Round Up

Pros


  • Good price
  • Nice, sleek packaging
  • Easy to apply
  • Applies evenly
  • Very pigmented / only one coat needed
  • No lip liner is needed
  • Have a pleasant, kind of vanilla smell
  • The lasting finish ones provide a glossy finish without any shimmers or glitters
  • The lasting finish ones are really moisturizing
  • The lasting finish ones last up to three hours / fade evenly
  • The matte finish one last up to five hours



Cons


  • Cheaper alternatives available 
  • Need to be careful when applying the matte ones
  • The matte finish one may need a lip balm underneath
  • The matte finish one doesn't fade evenly, leaves stains on the lips


If you are looking for a good price, very pigmented lipsticks that are easy to apply and apply evenly then you should give the Kate Moss lipstick collection for Rimmel a try!

Thanks for reading:)
xxxx








10 comments:

  1. I love all of these colors!
    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shades! very gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these shades esp 107 <3 it looks so gorgeous :)

    http://www.pinkoolaid.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,
    You have a great blog , would you like to follow each other.
    Keep in touch,
    www.indianbeautydiary.com
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these shades look great on you. Great review.
    effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how pigmented these are! I've been meaning to do a review! They're my favorite drugstore lipstick! I'm obsessed :)

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the 107 shade!

    www.itskristiee.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it ♥ I have 05 and 105 !
    Have a nice day xx

    fashion-madam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review! I actually have been passing these up every time I go lipstick "swatching" because my store never has a good selection. If I'd have found the shade 26 or 107 I would have definitely purchased them! Good to know they stain the lip though. I've had that problem with other lipsticks, sometimes I don't care and sometimes I feel really annoyed. Haha. Bipolar I suppose.

    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for your lovely comments:)xx
Make sure to leave your blog link, so I can check it out!x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...